Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Pase lo que pase...

November 21, 2007

Happen what may happen ... . That was the perspective I had this past week as I prepared for a mini-vacation with the pastor an his family. Several weeks ago we had talked about visitng an Ecological project on a nearby mountain and also taking a few days of vacation because they would like to get to me better. Last week when I saw the pastor I briefly asked if there was plan yet, and he said no but that they would figure something out. On Sunday he told me that we would leave Tuesday after the staff meeting. So yesterday I had a bag packed that would prepare me for where ever we might go but in reality I had my doubts about whether the trip would happen. When I asked May, the pastor's wife, what the plan was after the meeting, she did not know and in the end the trip had been forgotten. I did have a brief get-away in that the family, myself, and 3 women went to a restraurant up on the coast. One of the women is a Honduran missionary headed to Argentina for camping ministry so it was a good connection to make. I was glad to see the coast after having been here almost 7 months and not yet ventured that far north.

The new plan is that today mid-morning we will take a day trip up to the project. I am not sure if we will still take in a canopy tour (which had been another part of the plan) or not. My personality is such that I like to have a plan and tend to ask questions until I know for sure that a plan is in place. I followed culture a little more this time and nothing happened. I am disappointed to an extent, but I also did not have my expectations so high as to expect that yes, a trip would happen. Learning to adapt is a forever process I think. I do have a plan for traveling this weekend to another camp for a visit and networking and that plan is much more likely to happen which is good because I am ready for a change of scenery and schedule.

No comments: