Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Week that Disappeared

July 14, 2009

It is the beginning of a new week, but I hardly know where the last one went. Thanks to germs that were spread around camp last weekend during a children's camp, I returned to the city on Monday with the flu. I wondered if it was the H1N1 flu but figured probably not. Nonetheless Tuesday and Wednesday were two days that passed without me remembering much. On Wednesday Evelin caught the flu and she has been much sicker than I. So much so that yesterday I took her to the hospital to get tested. She was told that she has a "casual" flu, not H1N1. All along we were rejoicing and praising the Lord that Lisbeth was still healthy. But now this morning she seems to have come down with a fever too. I am not 100% well by any means but I have the strength to begin working for real tomorrow (since I lost nearly a whole week of work). Evelin on the other hand does not seem to have the strength for herself, let alone for a sick Lisbeth as well. I find myself frustrated as to how I can do my work and yet lend a hand to her. I have already done much of the caring for Lisbeth these past few days.

I keep hearing of more and more people who are sick here in San Pedro -- so much so that it makes me feel like everyone must be sick. I was surprised at how many people were in church this morning because I expected more of the world to be sick. I guess I will see how this week pans out but I do hope it is smoother and more productive than the last. And I pray that Lisbeth will not get as sick as we were (or Evelin still is).

1 comment:

Kim said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Stay healthy! And strength and grace to you as care for Lisbeth.