Saturday, June 06, 2009

Melancholy

June 6, 2009

That would be the word describing my current state of mind. In some ways it has been a long week though most of the action has happened this weekend. I helped with two events here at camp, both in Spanish. Since I am at camp I cannot be watching the Honduras vs. USA soccer team which would have been fun. The Hondurans are listening to it by radio in between their activities. I would be bored hearing it in English so I am definitely not trying in Spanish.

I think the melcancholiness comes from still not having sought out adventure or done something fun for a long while. Then there are the many things I am trying to process as I think about if I should move closer to camp. The whole climate (not just physical though small earthquakes continue) is a bit tense. We are wondering what is going on politcally and what will come of the rumors. Oh, and God is confronting me on some attitudes too which is never so easy, especially when it means moving out of my comfort zone.

Tomorrow there is a baby shower for two of the Honduran staff wives here on camp. That should be fun though different since I have never been at a Honduran one. Evelin and I made a double batch of snickerdoodle cookies for the event back on Wednesday. Perhaps it was eating one of those cookies that made me start missing family and friends again. One never knows what will trigger memories. So anyway, I suppose that I need to find some solo time (even though camp is filled with people right now) and also scheme up some adventure. The latter requires finding some willing parties which will probably be the hardest part. I will see what I can do though.

No comments: