Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Slow Down or Else...

June 9, 2009

I have known for weeks that I need to slow down and take some time off. The problem has been that I wanted to use time off for some sort of an adventure and since I had not found an adventure, I just kept working. Now I am paying the consequences. Yesterday about mid-morning I realized that I was getting sick. Over the last 36 hours I have gotten worse with fever, headache, and cough. I keep hoping it is just a cold. But I do know that over the weekend, some of the campers at camp came from schools which had been closed because of confirmed cases of A/H1N1 (I think that is what it is called). All along I have been apathetic to this danger of the flu and felt like everything was exaggerrated. Today though I thought twice before leaving the apartment because if I have it, I do not want to pass it around. I did leave in order to pay some bills and renew my visa which expires on Thursday. Otherwise though I have tried to nap, read, and spend a little time on the computer. This is not how I wanted to spend time off. I guess that makes it clear that I must slow down and rest before I reach the point of sickness.

I am praying that it is just a cold. I have never been one to get the flu much. I certainly do not want to pass on what I have to Evelin or Lisbeth so I am trying to keep my distance. That is difficult with a toddler who does not understand why Tia (Aunt) Jen will not play with her anymore. I hope that I do not have to stay in bed for too many days or at least if I do, that it is without a headache so that I can comfortably read. Time will tell.

No comments: