Sunday, August 02, 2009

Car Repairs

July 30, 2009

Once again it has been a while since I last wrote. You would think that with lack of abilities to travel and to leave the apartment I would have actually written more, not less. Last Saturday I got my car back and it runs smoothly … for now. The alternator and several other small parts had needed replaced. As far as repairs to the back door, I have no idea when that will get done. The insurance seems to be looking for any way possible to not have to pay for the damage. And sadly I think they found it. I am always driving with my US driver’s license because the two or three times I went to the Honduran license center to get a license they told me it was not possible until I was a resident – a process I have been in for almost 2 years. But after three months in the country the US driver’s license apparently expires and you are no longer legal to drive. And now the insurance says that I should not have been driving since I had been in Honduras for 5 months. Uugh!!

No comments: