Sunday, August 09, 2009

An Extended Stay

August 9, 2009

Well, my plans for the day appear to be changing. Yesterday I went to a family reunion near Lewisburg and from there proceeded north to a cabin on Pine Creek. This morning I drove almost 2 hours more north to visit the church I use to attend during college in Wellsville, NY. After church I ate lunch with a family at the part in town. And now I am ready to journey back to the cabin for some solo time, but the weather outside is a little frightful and no it is not snow. It is a good thing I decided to make a restroom stop at the Dunkin Donuts because I should not be driving in this weather. For a little while the wind was blowing the deck chairs across the patio. The rain was pelting against the window panes and there are cracks of lightning every few seconds. I heard rumor of tornados in other parts of the county. I wish I had not left all of my reading books in the car. It is right out front, but an exit to get them will leave me drenched even with my rain jacket. The storm actually reminds me of Honduran rains -- intense with flooded roads afterwards. Well, I am thankful for shelter ... and for coffee while I wait.

No comments: