Friday, August 07, 2009

Off to the Mountains

August 7, 2009

Just as Jesus often went on the hillsides to pray, I find that it is time for me to head to the mountains. I have so many things rolling around in my head and they need processed and prayed about. I have been back in the States for about a week and a half with most of that time in Florida. It has been great to converse with people from LAM and also friends and family. But now it is time to converse more deeply with the Lord and listen intently for some direction. And so after a family reunion in central PA tomorrow, I will head farther north for a few days. I just have to be sure God's beautiful creation does not distract me. I love being outside, but sometimes I get distracted. Then I will return to society to continue traveling and connecting with people. Psalm 121:1-2 comes to mind, "I lift my eyes up to the hills -- where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, Maker of heaven and earth."

No comments: