Monday, August 17, 2009

Long Overdue

August 17, 2009

This is a very overdue entry. I just have been struggling to sit down at the computer and write. I guess that over the last week I have been visiting with lots of people and so I do not take the computer time that I maybe should. Anyway, I did make it safely from Wellsville to the cabin on Pine Creek the other Sunday. It ended up being a very long drive since downed trees on the roads and a powerline on Rt. 6 forced me to take an alternate route -- the windy, but beautiful Rt. 44. In reflecting on the trip later I realized a lesson even with the storm. I was anxious to set out for the cabin so I did almost as soon as the rain let up. I made it to the cabin but in almost double the amount of time it should take. Had I waited a little while longer in the beginning the roads may have been cleared that I could have taken the direct route. During my time there in the mountains of seeking God's face and His direction, waiting was one of the themes. God seems to be nudging me in a direction but slowly, no rushing allowed. As I move He will confirm or close doors. I am working on a more thorough update so more details will follow.

I was so glad though for the chance to be alone with God. The one morning I got up early and climbed a trail to a mountain peak. What a beautiful place to meet with God! I think I did see a bear running downhill (far from the trail thankfully -- though still disconcerting), a buck, and a turkey so I was not exactly alone. Throughout the time God had lessons to teach me from His creation. I hope that I never stop learning. So that is all for my brief catch up.

1 comment:

Liana said...

Jen-
Not quite sure how I stumbled upon this, but I wish I knew you were in Wellsville - because that's where I live.
It's been fun reading about your adventures!