Sunday, May 17, 2009

When It Rains, It Pours

May 17, 2009

This motto has seemed to be true during many phases of my life and tonight I decided that it is happening once again. And for once in Honduras I am not talking about literal downpours of water. This evening I received a call from a teacher who came with her school one week ago for an Outdoor Education program. She called to ask whether I could do a program for another school in a little less than 2 weeks, and this time including 3 meals and an overnight. I have had hardly any programs for 2 years and now within the timespan of 5 weeks there are three programs in the working. It is so little compared to what I did in the States but for here in Honduras it is exciting and even a little overwhelming. And so now I am working with Wes, the director, to put together the packet to offer the school. Unfortunately it is not the only thing I need to do for tomorrow morning since I was already working on revising curriculum to work for the 6-9 year old school group coming this next Friday. But I must admit that it is good to be busy and even have time constraints. Of course this means that the other blogs that I had brewing will probably not happen for quite a while and I will be struggling even more to find a day off. For the moment though I am excited. God is beginning a work and He will also provide the strength to see the work completed.

No comments: