Thursday, June 12, 2008

In the Air Again

June 12, 2008

I am back in El Salvador with only a short flight yet before I reach my final destination -- Honduras. It will be good to be back. It seems like I have been gone for a long while though it was only a little over a week. I enjoyed the last few days in Florida with my family. It was a laid back time because other than a few little minute shopping, I had no plans other than to visit with my grandparents and other relatives. We chatted, enjoyed meals together, and played a few games but not nearly as much as usual.

This afternoon on my first flight, I was welcomed back into the world of Spanish because I was sitting beside two youth from the Dominican Republic. We chatted off and on, shifting between English and Spanish. They were impressed with my Spanish which to me is rather sad because I know how much it is lacking but apparently most of the people they know only say "Hola" and "Como esta?" It was fun begin the entrance back into Spanish though it will probably take a little time to readjust.

No comments: