Sunday, April 25, 2010

Bubbling with Thankfulness

April 25, 2010

Yesterday the title of this blog most definitely described my sentiments. Today I feel mostly the same except that I am too tired to really know how I feel. It is hard to explain exactly why I am bubbling with thankfulness but I think that it stems from seeing God answer prayers. During my first few months in El Salvador I struggled to meet young people and find people to hang out with. This past week has been quite the opposite and it is such a blessing.

I was first introduced to the young adult group at the Spanish church last Sunday when we went to visit a nearby volcano and now this weekend there have been various get-togethers and excursions. I still have a long way to go in developing strong friendships within the group, but I am thankful that I am moving in the right direction.

Last week I also visited with lots of friends over birthday meals which was fun. In Latin America birthdays are a big deal and you can almost get the day off of work because it is your birthday. I did not quite get that far, but I did go out for lunch. All in all, it has been a good week and I am just very thankful at the moment.

No comments: