Wednesday, October 07, 2009

A Lovely Day

October 7, 2009

What a beautiful day! I had spent the last few days down at Black Rock Retreat helping to hostess an Exploritas (formerly Elderhostel) group. While they were in lectures, I was usually working on my computer or doing homework for a class that I am taking. yesteday I accompanied them on their field trips and saw several familiar faces from when I had helped with that program over 8 years ago.

This morning I stole away from inside the retreat center to sit for a few minutes outside at a picnic table. I loved the scene that great me. The wind tore through the trees, sending leaves in a spiral dance towards the ground below. Acorns plummeted downward and I feared that perhaps one would find my head as its stopping place, but thankfully none came down on me. As I sat there with God, I found myself wanting to shout out, "Jesus I love you!" Somehow the wind swirling around me, spoke to me of God's presence. Even as I am back in Millersville this evening, I find myself wanting to take a late evening stroll in the wind. I have too long of a list of things to do to actually do so though. Friday I head out for a week visiting people in North Carolina and so I have much to do before that time. And the following week I leave for a few weeks in Honduras and Central America which means even more packing and preparation.

The other beautiful part of today was when I stopped by my sister's house for a few minutes and held my nephew Jack. It seemed as if he had grown a ton in just 3 days. Much to my delight he smiled at me for the first time -- intentionally. He is finally beginning to focus on people and not just some unknown spot on the wall. So cute! I suppose that I should post a picture soon.

And that was my lovely day. I have much to be thankful for.

No comments: