Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Honduras Again

October 21, 2009

So I am here in Honduras. I arrived yesterday with no problems in the travel. I arrived quite tired because of little sleep the night before due mostly to the early morning departure. Today Evelin, Lisbeth, and I came out to camp. I was able to hold one of the new babies, José, and visit with a couple of the others on camp. We will have some brownies a little later for one of the children’s birthdays, but right now I am trying to get on-line and it is not working. I can tell that internet communication could be a problem for a while. And the problem is that there are several things that I need to respond to and figure out.

I also have a long list of people to call and re-connect with. I am realizing that I do not have all that many days here and I am not sure when I can get together with everyone, pack, and move out of the apartment. It has been good to chat some with Evelin and to see Lisbeth. At first Lisbeth seemed angry with me (which makes sense – I disappeared for nearly 3 months) but she quickly warmed up to me.

Well, considering the rather monumental task ahead of me, I think this is all for the moment. I will see about finding an internet connection and also organizing the Outdoor Education supplies here at camp.

(Yeah, I obviously connected to the internet and at least part one of my connection without Outlook is working which makes life much easier. I will work on part two later)

No comments: