Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Maybe It Is Me

September 7, 2009
I am beginning to think that maybe the car problems have to do with me and not the cars themselves. For my journey to Pittsburg, Ohio, and Houghton I decided to drive my parent’s mustang because it should be more reliable than my sister’s Honda that has nearly 250,000 miles on it. Well, this morning I went out to start the car and head over to Houghton and much to my surprise, the car would not turn on and stay on. After conversation with my dad and he with a Ford dealer it sounds as if the problem is probably an air idle valve or something of the sort. And so here I am sitting on the front porch of my friend’s house waiting for a mechanic to come by. Perhaps my Thursday departure from here will not happen after all. It is sad to be so close to Houghton and yet so far away. Hopefully I will get there within the hour and begin connecting again with professors. I am glad that from where I am sitting here on the porch I can see a tall, stately maple tree that is beginning to change color. I saw a few such trees on my drive from Sandusky, Ohio to western NY yesterday.

Usually when I travel I try to move quickly from point A to point B but on this trip I have been taking my time. Last night I got a bit lost as I tried to find the highway in Olean to then get to Belfast. It has been over 10 years since I traversed Olean during my college days. In the end I found my way, though it was the longer way.

**Well, the mechanic came and of course the car started with no problem. I give up on cars!

No comments: