Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Some Firsts

March 25, 2009

Today was a day of some firsts. I took Lisbeth with me to the grocery store and she was wonderful. It has been so fun to see her laughing and smiling and wanting to play. She still cries a lot at nap time, but she is getting better. And she keeps trying to talk which ends up being babbling. She also loves to give kisses. I pray that she will grow up loving Jesus and that her mom will be an example of Christ to her.

As I was sitting at my desk working this afternoon, something black drifted down onto the keyboard. It was the first ash of the season. It is amazing how they get inside through the roof. Yesterday I was riding out to camp with the Williamsons and the temperature read 91F. Today it had to be much hotter. The melting has begun. Yet when I was running around camp this morning I marveled at the beauty as I have been doing the past few weeks. There is definitely beauty here in the tropics, heat and all.

No comments: