Tuesday, March 17, 2009

And I Plan Because...?

March 17, 2009

Just hours after I published my last blog entry mentioning that I had a place to live and details had come together well, I received a call from Elizabeth, my landlord to be, saying that the second potential renter for the downstairs apartment had fallen through and so she thought it would be best for me to rent down there. And once again everything changes. For the most part I am content with the change of plans. I think it will be nice to have my own space and not have to worry about Lisbet getting into Elizabeth's belongings. As I drove from the camp to the city, praying about this turn of events, I could not help but ask God why there were so many jumps from one plan to the next and in the end, I am back where I started with the original plan of renting the downstairs apartment. I do not really have the answer, but I did realize that because of the potential of living upstairs, Evelin and I got to know Elizabeth better which hopefully will translate into more interactions when we are neighbors in just a few weeks.
I tend to ask, "did we not hear God when pursuing the second plan?" or "was it just a detour with a purpose?" So many questions and not so many answers. I do not think I will sum up what the current plan is for two weeks from now because it could very well change tomorrow. Vamos a ver. (We will see). This is where I try to learn to be more flexible.

No comments: