Friday, January 16, 2009

A Tiger or Two at Large

January 16, 2009

So I got some interesting news this afternoon. A tiger escaped from a small community circus probably about 3 miles away. And the circus has now left town, leaving the tiger... at large. Not only that but a male tiger (the first one mentioned was female) escaped from another circus, also not too far away. And I wonder where these tigers will end up. The mountain that camp is on is more highly vegetated than many of the surrounding areas. It seems like a prime hideout for a tiger or two. I am thinking twice now before my solo walks from one side of camp to the other. But not too long or hard. Tonight camp is full with a weekend group of 70 youth so there should be enough noise and commotion to keep the tigers at bay. I think I will carry my camera everywhere I go though so that I am ready if I ever do see a tiger.

As for other events of the week, I feel as if I am driving a new car. The headlights work and I have a new windshield. It took a while to reach this point though with lots of taxi rides and waiting. Today I had planned to train a group of leaders for leading on the ropes course tomorrow but they had car trouble and other complications and did not arrive until hours and hours after the planned time. So tomorrow morning there is a 6:00AM training. Fun, fun. This whole system definitely needs improved. In order to be ready for tomorrow's early training, I think I am off to sleep.

No comments: