Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Good News


January 21, 2009

It has been a rather long two weeks but yesterday I got some good news. I went to the Immigration office to renew my visa well in advance because I was slightly afraid that they would deny it to me on the basis of me having a new passport number or whatever. Once there I asked the woman working if there was indeed a new law by which foriegners only receive 30 days in the country. She said no and that I should have gotten a 90 day visa. Her suggestion was to not get in the Customs line of the woman who stamped my passport ever again. She perhaps has a record of not giving the visa due a person. At least I do not have to travel to the capital for an extension nor leave the country in 60 days. My lawyer mentioned to me last week that I may still be lacking some signature or paper for my residency but at this point I am wondering if it will even be worth trying to get it. It took a year and a half to reach this moment, and I do not know much longer I will be in the country. We will see what happens I guess.

In the meantime I am still looking for an apartment and with that trying to discern what God is calling me to in regards to having Evelin and her daughter live with me. They are here in the city for a few days with me this week and it is proving to be interesting and a good test. I find myself wanting to step in and provide the one year old with some discipline though. Right now she is the one in control. What is God asking of me though, that is the question. Thankfully I did find out this morning that if I have not found another apartment by the end of the month, I can stay here a little longer.

So that is a little bit of what is up, but only a little bit. Who knows when I will catch up with writing. Oh, and included is a photo that I took with my new camera. I am so excited because I can take very close-up photos.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Jen, that is a beautiful photo! Thanks for sharing it. What kind of camera do you have?

Jen Hess said...

It is an Olympus Stylus 1010.