Friday, October 17, 2008

You Know You Are In A Tropical Depression When...

October 17, 2008

Yesterday I decided that yes, I am in a tropical depression. And by depression I do not mean emotionally depressed but rather a depression of unending rain. Too many days of constant rain (or heat for that matter) could cause other types of depression too. When yesterday morning dawned with more steady rainfall (it had been raining since 1:00PM on Tuesday) I decided that I still had to find a way to get some exercise. And so I began to run up and down the stairs. Running the stairs, jumping jacks, and cleaning the house may be my new exercise routine. Yesterday around noon I was fooled into thinking that perhaps the depression had lifted and I hung out clothes to dry but alas the rain returned shortly thereafter. This morning the rain stopped around 5:30AM but I am not so sure it will stay away. Thankfully this depression has also brought much cooler temperatures. The other sign of living in a tropical depression...opening the fridge door and seeing a mosquito which you promptly kill.

The beginning of this week I was out at camp and as I was walking from one side of camp to the other, I got delayed watching and listening to the many birds that were fluttering about. Once again my books did not reveal the actual species but there were some beautiful ones. On my way to camp I saw a beautiful double rainbow hovering over Pinalejo and camp. I was able to spend some good time with Evelyn out at camp. We shared breakfast on my last morning there and exchanged the Bible verses that we were memorizing. Monday afternoon after work we played soccer with some of the other staff . I had not played soccer for months so it was good to play once again.

No comments: