Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Back From Camp

September 24, 2008

The flurry of activity that filled this past weekend is fading into only memories. Over 100 youth filled the camp with energy, noise, and excitement. I will be writing a more thorough descpription of the weekend in my upcoming newsletter but over all it went well. The Lord definitely answered many prayers and we saw His hand at work. Even the weather seemed to cooperate. I was tired by the time the buses pulled away late Sunday afternoon. It was nice to be able to stay on at camp a few extra days to relax and clean up the mess that remained.

Now I am back in the city and beginning to look ahead again to the next projects. In spite of my injured knee, I was able to get around camp pretty well, thanks in part to my roommate who visited on Saturday with another girl to help with the cookout. Emily ended up driving me around some since my car had been taken to the city to deliver a sick girl to her family. My car is in the shop ... again. Mostly it is just routine maintenance -- an oil change but also some screw needs tightened so that the radiator does not fall out. I think that the bumpy roads do not help it's health status so much. Well, I pause here to continue stories later.

No comments: