Thursday, May 08, 2008

The Unthinkable

May 8, 2008

I did the unthinkable this week (besides staying up late so many nights in a row). I have always claimed that I do not like seafood and it is true. But Monday night I went to a Japanese Sushi restaurant with some friends and their visiting friends, and I of course ordered chicken. When we were finished eating though, there were still a few of the sushi rolls left and so I decided to try one (but without raw fish). The cream cheese covered up most of the fishy flavor but not completely and it did not really disguise the seaweed. The worst part though was that just before I took a bite of that which I thought was fish, I discovered it was eel. But I took a bite anyway, only for the sake of being able to say I had eaten eel. It was only after the fact that someone told me that eels carry lots of parasites and the one guy said I would probably get sick. Well, I did, although I do not think I can exactly blame it on the seafood since my stomach has not been right for a while. I plan to stick with chicken.

No comments: