Sunday, May 18, 2008

Relaxing in Sigua

May 18, 2008

After doing some work on Saturday my roommate Emily and I headed out of San Pedro to the town of Siguatepeque to visit a few of my friends, many of whom are leaving next month when their school year ends. We had a leisurely drive (well, I can say leisurely because I was not the one driving and dealing with the crazy passing) to Sigua and stopped at the lake on the way to catch a glimpse of the sun setting. In the evening we went to a birthday party with the teachers and hung out talking. Today we had many ideas for what we could do but no one could really decide what would work best given the time constraints. In the end we stopped up at the camp Cerro de Luz so I could pick up a tool for the ropes course and began a little volleyball game. I had been wanting to play volleyball for weeks so it was a treat for me to at least be able to do one spike. We were invited to lunch so we stuck around and then I taught everyone one of my favorite games, Ticket To Ride. Although I have only visited with this group of friends three times, I appreciate their openness, hospitality, spontaneity, and fun-loving nature. I think it was a good way to relax before entering into a busy couple of days.

No comments: