Saturday, June 02, 2007

After the rain

From one adventure to another it seems. The rains came on Thursday but with that apparently comes power outages. Friday the power was going off and on all day so during one of the "on" times I prepared everything I would need for dinner and made it easily accessible in the fridge so that it would lose as little cold as possible if I opened the door. Sure enough at 6:00PM the power went out again. I eventually made dinner but spent most of the evening reading. I forgot about candles until 8:00 so I was wasting the batteries of my flashlight. And by that time I was ready for bed. This morning I awoke to still no power and I delayed breakfast as long as possible, not wanting to open the fridge again. But by the time I was ready to leave for the city at 11:00AM there was still no electric. I took a few things from the fridge and realized that the milk and meat was going to be bad by the time I got home. I had forgotten that I cannot stock up on food here for the reason of power outages. I just hope that all of my meat and leftovers in the freezer were okay.

I arrived safely at the house where I am dog and house sitting. A big storm has hit San Pedro Sula now and the electric has been flickering but thankfully there is still power. I managed to find a flashlight and some matches just in case I run into troubles. The dogs (one of which is partially Pit Bull) were both terrified of the storm and it took me a while to figure out why they were hanging around me all of a sudden. Meanwhile the car alarm went off because the thunder was so loud. I am loving the mint chocolate chip ice cream though -- a definite plus of the city.

No comments: