Tuesday, November 04, 2008

And the Mind Goes Blank Again

November 4, 2008

It must be something that happens when the clock strikes 5:00PM. I can no longer think and remember what it was I was going to about earlier. I am currently waiting for one of my friends to show up for dinner. She was coming at 6:00 but now the time has been changed to 7:30. I had to eat some of the soup now because I knew that I would be doing lots of snacking if I waited till 7:30 for dinner.

Today I visited a drug rehab center and no it was not so that I could get off of drugs. It was a brief visit, only long enough to get some information and numbers to pass on to Evelyn if needed. The center is for men only so she could not go there anyway. And for now she seems to be doing okay.

Plants... I definitely love them and have been trying to put lots all around our patio. It makes the patio a beautiful place to sit in the mornings and evenings. I am also trying to grow some of my own food in the pots. A few of the seeds I planted began to sprout, including two beanstalks. But I was not quick enough to transplant them to a bigger home and they began to die. I just noticed this morning that with its last dying breath the one stalk pushed forth one small bean. I guess that I will eat it and think of what could have been had I been a better gardener. This morning I also noticed caterpillars attacking my daisy and though I picked them all off, it appears that there are lots of eggs present so I fear they will keep hatching.

I felt as if all of my analogies from plants and their life were uprooted when I noticed that the plants taking root in amongst the tiles right by the drain appear to be pepper plants. I tried to grow a pepper plant and it died. The seeds have done nothing either. And yet in the crack where there is hardly any soil and no room to grow without breaking the tile, climbs the pepper plant! So much for loving and tender care. I guess I have been loving to that plant in that I let it grow without disturbing it thought it should not be there. I will have to see if I can get any veggies out of it. Those are all of my random reflections for now. Hopefully I will get a new camera before too long and can begin taking pictures again. My current one is too broken to want to take it out for anything but the most important moments.

No comments: