Sunday, January 06, 2008

Quirks of the city

So today as I was driving home from church I noticed some random and unusual sights for a city. I would expect the following in the country but not within city limits (actually I have no idea where the city limits are but even though this is a bit of a back road behind the city, it still has lots of developments and civilization).
1.) Sheep grazing on the soccer field of a university (perhaps it cuts down on the mowing but I would not want to be the one to fall while contending for a soccer ball)
2.) Clothes hanging out to dry over a long line of fences (in the drizzle no less)
3.) Clothes hanging out to dry right along the street on newly strung wire (not even right beside a house)

Those are the only things I can remember at the moment but I had to smile at the mix of the rural and the urban and the seeming clash.

No comments: