Thursday, January 31, 2008

The Pieces Coming Together

January 31, 2008

At long last, I feel as if some progress has been made. Emily and I signed the apartment lease today and I even moved a few things in. Tomorrow the furniture should arrive. I have been blessed to have been given various furniture items from people in the Spanish church where I go. Through the course of conversation with the landlord, I have found a possible inside connection to the Department of Motor Vehicles which means my process of getting my license plates might not be an all day affair. When ever you can drop names, things get done much quicker.

This afternoon after signing the lease I had to drive out to camp and back because my title for the car and other such documents were there which I need for getting the plates. I was frustrated at having to make such a long trip for an hour's time at camp but in the end the timing was good. I met the guy who is supervising one of the construction projects on camp and discovered that he has a business recycling paper (well, collecting it and shipping it to a plant in Guatemala). He also had questions which I could pass on to the Williamson's in the States. I had just enough time at camp to chat with the staff and take pictures of the ropes course elements. It looks like someone I knew from my camp in PA is able to come down and help with the new construction and repairs, and a few of the things I can do with my uncle.

So with the apartment finally in place and progress made in finding help with the ropes course, I feel like I am moving again. I must say that in my random moments this week of frustration when having to find certain documents that I had hidden in one of my suitcases (whether where I have been staying or back at camp) I often ended up finding something else I had been looking for -- a business card, my allergy shot record, etc.... In many little ways I have seen God at work even in the midst of the frustrations or waiting. I am looking forward though to having a little more oranization and less living out of suitcases.

No comments: