Sunday, December 30, 2007

And still I do not write ....

December 30, 2007

Over the past week I have had lots of adventures in my travels with my cousin, my first Christmas abroad, car issues, and other such circumstances. I have much to write about but I still have not been motivated to sit down and write. My lack of sleep is catching up with me too, and I know that New Year's will not be of help. I already said "yes" to going to a 4 hour church service (I think that part of it is a prayer time) and then a very late night, early morning dinner at someone's house. I do not expect to be home before 3:00AM. I am beginning to wish that I had opted instead for a quiet New Year's Eve. I should at least try to get back to camp on New Year's Day so that I can have some quiet moments there. Almost every year I have found some body of water to sit beside and reflect on the year, journal, and pray. I definitely need that after the last few days and camp holds the only accessible, safe place for me to sit in solutide by water(within reasonable driving distance).

At the same time my travels to new parts of Honduras instilled in me the desire to do more traveling and exploring. That and I have several friends doing some traveling right now. Now is not the time, but it has been harder to transition back to work than I thought. I actually might have to travel in two weeks for my visa but my lawyer is not getting back to me with any information on my residency status. Most likely whatever I do will be very last minute.

It is ironic that life was so calm and tranquil up until Christmas but afterwards the busyness set in. Usually busyness happens the other way around. All of this to say that I do hope to write my stories in the next few days, but we will see.

No comments: