Tuesday, March 08, 2011

The Heart of a Child




March 8, 2011

These past few days have contained lots of moments with little Lisbeth. So that the Williamson family could have a break and some time together, I took care of Lisbeth for various moments. Since a lot of the time overlapped with her naps, it was not very difficult. She has become a sweet little girl with a lot more joy in her heart. Her favorite past-time in preparation for sleeping is that of reading "Green Eggs and Ham." It is a tongue-twister in English but try it in Spanish for an even greater challenge. By the end of the month, I should know it pretty well. How precious it has been to watch her growing more mature and becoming more loving! She gives hugs out quite freely this days and when she needs to seek forgiveness, she will also give a hug of pardon. Her vocabulary is growing daily and so there is a spattering of words that you can here any given day. "Hola" is always said with a smile and a tilt of the head.

Yesterday morning we played make believe travel in a car as she sat in her car seat which had been left on the porch. Later we went over to her cousin's house where we played some soccer. It was an interesting game considering that she is only three and her one cousin is a year and a half. He was more interested in picking off the flower heads than in playing but Lisbeth could turn out to be a very good soccer player with all of her spunk and energy.

I am treasuring these moments to spend with Lisbeth because I know that they will not be many more. Tomorrow I will be in the city to get my car repaired and then heading to Tegucigalpa to visit missionary friends. My final stop will be a few days with Evelin as I both say goodbye to her and also encourage her.

These final days here in Honduras will be busy and I am praying that I can get everything accomplished in good time, in particular the sale of my car -- which is coming along as long as the one missionary family decides that it is a go.

So I am off to finish some details at camp before heading to the city this afternoon or tomorrow morning for car repairs.

No comments: