Monday, November 16, 2009

Catch Up

November 16, 2009

I seem to be playing catch up in many areas of my life these days -- perhaps communication more than anything. I got back to Pennsylvania on November 6 after my travels in Central America. Thankfully in Honduras I was able to finish up everything that I needed to and saw Evelin and Lisbeth established in a cabin at camp to live for a while. Coming back to PA, I jumped into a whirlwind of activities and presentations. Last week at the top of my "To-Do" list was figuring out what my next step is. By the close of the week I felt a peace about pursuing El Salvador and a one year internship there with La Casa de Mi Padre (My Father's House). It is an opportunity to work with children and their families and participate in counseling and therapy with them. So I am moving in that direction while recognizing that the Lord could still close doors and I may go ahead with further schooling here in the US.

This past weekend I made a quick trip north to share with a church and visit some friends and supporters. When a college friend who I had not seen for years greeted me after the church service, I was reminded of how small the world is. I think that everytime I travel I am reminded of that. I realized too that I love to travel and reconnect with people or meet new people. At the same time it is good to be back in Lancaster for a few days at least.

Last week I enjoyed seeing my family again, especially my nephew who learned to smile intentionally during the three weeks that I had been out of the country. I am blessed to have been in Lancaster so much over the past 3 months and that all of my immediate family is around this month.

No comments: