Saturday, November 21, 2009

Adventures with Friends

November 21, 2009

I am beginning to discover that adventures with friends do not have to be some big event or excursion -- it can be simply talking and re-connecting or even playing with their children. On Wednesday I caught a ride to Chicago with one friend and then visited friends who I met in language school in Costa Rica. The middle of the three young boys, Samuel, was a bundle of energy and creativity. He turned the playground into a castle where there sat an evil king. It made me look forward to the years ahead when my nephew is old enought to play and create imaginary worlds.

Through conversation with my friends (the grown-ups that is), the Lord began to speak to my heart and show me the possible implications of studies versus and internship in El Salvador. He did some convicting in my heart, and so as I find myself moving in the direction of El Salvador, I have a renewed excitement for heading that way. There is still a week or more of waiting before I will know if I can go, while the details of the internship are ironed out and I have more chats with those involved. I feel okay with waiting though and am excited to see what God will do.

I am thankful that these past few months has been a time of reconnecting with friends and at times hearing God speak through others. Other times I have been the one who has been able to encourage and challenge my friends. I love how the body of Christ works and how we are in this journey through life together to spur one another on.

No comments: