Thursday, February 12, 2009

A Peaceful Passing

February 12, 2009

Today for some reason the internet was not working at my house which always creates a challenge. I ended up going to a coffee shop to check e-mails, knowing that at this time it was important to keep in touch with family back home. Sure enough there was a note to call my mom (from last night) and then a church e-mail update that said my grandfather had passed away. It took a while till I could get to a phone to call my mom. When I did, she said that my grandfather had peacefully passed away last night. And some of the family was able to be present. I am saddened for my sake and the sake of my family but happy for him. I feel like I was able to do much of my grieving while in Florida this past week so this news was not a shock or as difficult as the initial news of his stroke. I think that when it comes time for the funeral and I am still in Honduras, it may be a little more difficult but I know that I need to be here and not there this time. Meanwhile I pray for my family who will be traveilng south tomorrow, many by way of car.

No comments: