Friday, February 27, 2009

Catching Up

February 27, 2009

So it has been over 2 weeks since I last wrote and this will probably be a quick catch up. Since that time I have mostly been at camp where I worked with a team that came from Houghton College to help us out on camp. It was lots of fun to hang out with old friends from college and camp (in PA) as well as see much progress on ropes course repairs and other projects around the camp. For some reason we were blessed with much rain so lots of the work was done during downpours. I gave in to getting completely soaked and went for a run the one evening with two of the girls. Over the weekend we hung out with a group of children who were at camp with Compassion International. It was fun to chat with them, play games, and worship with them.

After the team left, my friend Janae remained and we headed to the beach for 2 days. Unfortunately the rain continued but in between the raindrops we got in a hike, swim on a beautiful beach, walks through town, and some boat rides. We also witnessed two rainbows during our journeys across the water.

Now I am settling back into work. Tomorrow morning I head out to camp to help with a weekend group who is doing the ropes course. I am getting reaccustomed to being in the house with a crying toddler. Perhaps later I can go into more details about the work team and the progress that Lisbet is making because she is improving and crying less. At the moment it is dinner time though.

No comments: