Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Enter October

October 1, 2007
Amazing to think the year is almost over! October is usually such a pretty month that I welcome it. In Central America it means lots of rain though, which at times is not so pleasant. This year I will get to experience both the rains and the changing colors of autumn leaves since I have a last minute trip to the States coming up. The joys of visas that expire and paperwork that is still lacking the necessary signatures!. The Lord definitely gave me a clear answer though to my prayer about whether to go to Costa Rica by bus or to the US for my trip out of the country. With the paperwork still not in place, I thought I needed to return to the US to take care of more details. A discussion with the Honduran embassy this morning changed some of those views, but I already have the ticket so I am leaving in a week. And I think that God wants me back there for a short time for some reason so it will be exciting to see what He does.

As I look back on the day I cannot say that it was the best entrance of October in my life. On a day when I needed to find lodging and plan for my stay in the US as well as prepare for a group this coming Saturday, car troubles were not really welcomed. Yesterday driving into the city water started dripping into the car from above the windshield. I planned to get that fixed today but ran out of time because I ended up having to buy a new tire since one had a hole and was irreparable. If things continue like this, I may be in the city longer than I had anticipated for the week. I am also getting settled into the house where I am will be staying for the next 3 months when I am the city. Another time I will have to write about my recent thoughts on living conditions, expectations, and missions. A book I just read made me appreciate even what I have at the camp much more. And so in the midst of the challenges there is always a positive side (where I was when I got the flat tire, people around with the tools to help, it did not rain anymore today so the windshield did not leak…) and I am trying to look for the good and not be overwhelmed or discouraged by the trials.

No comments: