Friday, October 19, 2007

And then there was basketball

October 19, 2007
So, I guess that catch up on writing will take a while. My first day back in Honduras I spent in the city, running errands. I was late in leaving the city, considering that it gets dark so early, and then ended up sitting in traffic for half an hour before even nearing the toll booth at the edge of the city. I decided not to risk getting caught out on the roads past dark so I turned around and went back into the city for another night. Staying overnight allowed me to go and investigate being a part of a women’s basketball team. They are actually in the middle of the season so I cannot join the team but I can participate in their practices which would be great for some exercise and fellowship. Having played basketball again this past week while in PA, I was reminded that I definitely enjoy the game and would like to be more active again. Watching them play last night reminded me of high school days with the refs, foul shots, and pressure of the score and the clock. It has been ages since I thought about actual plays on the court. The team I will practice with is a mixture of girls from the US and Hondurans. Because I am not living in the city all the time, my attendance at practice may be a little sporadic, but that seems to be okay.

No comments: