Sunday, July 11, 2010

Back In Honduras



My time in Honduras went well though definitely it passed as expected – with the unexpected. Upon entering I got my 90 day tourist visa again which was what I was praying for. I arrived on Wednesday and as it turned out I was able to take care of my car registration and some residency paperwork that day when I arrived in Honduras and then first thing Thursday morning. My Plan A and B of rides out to camp had fallen through though and so it was with great joy that I learned some missionaries were headed out that way Thursday morning (40 minutes from when I got a hold of them) instead of that afternoon. And so I quickly packed and met up with them, making it to camp before I had anticipated. It was great to see the Williamsons again and the staff. The Williamsons were in the middle of finishing up the painting of the ceilings that had just been put in. I am happy for them that they should not have so many insects and animals entering the house because it is now sealed.

I was able to spend significant time talking with Evelin and hearing how she is doing. Before I left on Saturday, the Lord put a few things on my heart to challenge her with. In some ways she is doing well but in another sense she is teetering. I am praying that she will fully pursue the Lord Jesus Christ again and make Him her number one priority. I have struggled at different times in my walk with God to put him first. So often other little things creep in that I want to focus on. I can remember specific times when I had to let go of things like basketball because they were beginning to control my decisions instead of God. I pray that she learns, without too much heartache, how important it is to have God first. As He says in Exodus 20 when He gave the Ten Commandments to Moses, He is a jealous God and there is no room for other gods in our lives if we desire to follow Him. He continues to watch out and care for Evelin, including in some close calls on her motorcycle and I pray that she can see that and understand just how much He loves her.

No comments: