Friday, March 19, 2010

The Quick Review

March 19, 2010

For lack of time, I am going to only make a few comments on this week and save the stories and more in depth thoughts for later. It has been a very different week for me because of my involvement with translating for a medical missions team that is here in El Salvador working in the communities that the children from La Casa de Mi Padre come from. I was a tia for four of the girls on Monday and will be again tonight. Thank goodness that tomorrow is the weekend and they do not have to get up at 3:30AM because I do not think I could handle it. Tomorrow is another Family Visit day so there will be activities until mid-day with the children and families. In a little bit we head to a park to have pizza with the children and the missions team.

This week has been a battle for me as far as sickness but it seems like I might be finally getting better which is exciting. Many of the details for the medical team were a struggle this week because of things getting hung up in the government bureaucracy but in the end we were able to do all that was planned. I am glad to have met a bunch of new people this week from Virginia and PA and to see how God is working here in El Salvador through many hands and hearts. And that is is for the moment as I go get ready for the park.

No comments: