Wednesday, February 20, 2008

When We Think We Own the World...

February 20, 2008

Yesterday as I was headed back to my house, I was amazed again by the audacity of a driver. He (or she) acted as if the only important person in the world was their own self. I was in the far right lane waiting to turn right and since we had a green light, the truck in front of me began to make the turn. It stopped though because flying up our lane was an SUV which proceeded to then begin pulling out in traffic. It stopped, probaly because to not have would have meant a major crash as two lanes of traffic were already moving across the interesection. The SUV's position allowed those of us turning right to proceed but I could hear the honks of those who had planned to go straight across the intersection and not found their path blocked by the SUV. My guess would be that the driver did not want to sit in the long line of traffic at the light and decided to head to the front. Whether he really planned to blaze across the intersection on a very red light, I do not know. I was disgusted with the self-centered behavior but as I continued on my way, I was challenged to think about if any of my actions and choices may give the impression that I think I am the most important person in the world. I do not own the world and I want my life to point to the One who does.

No comments: