Sunday, August 12, 2007

Perspective

August 12, 2007

I realized early this morning (after dreaming about seeing an iguana in the bushes at camp and I do not know how or why that has any relevance to my thoughts) that I need to start looking at daily events from a new perspective. I have been very quick to see all of the little things (and big at times) that seem to go wrong as far as the timing of when something happens and to get frustrated yet again. But this morning I decided that I need to start looking instead for how timing does work out great. For example, yesterday I was headed to the trash cans and caught a glimpse of a greenish blue snake slithering away. (It did not look poisonous from a distance). Seeing snakes is a rare event and one I look forward to as long as I am far enough from the head. Yesterday in the midst of a last minute decision to come to the city, I forgot to pack my computer cord to charge the battery, but I had just enough power to send out my update and then I was able to use a friend's computer for a while.

I had come to the city primarily to get together with a friend last evening but that fell through and though I was frustrated initially, I ended up having time to write down thoughts on a book I have been reading. And in the end we got together before church this morning for coffee. And I finally did it -- I bought my first cup of coffee. Though I have been drinking it a little more since Costa Rica, I never actually bought a cup because I do not like it that much. I always choose cappuccinos or mochas but today we were at Burger King (Dunkin Donuts was open but did not have anything to sell at 7:00AM -- odd) and that was really the only safe option other than soda which at 7:00AM is not so exciting. I am sad though that my first coffee was at a fast food restaurant. Oh well.
In the end, my time in the city though very short was good and I visited with several friends.

No comments: