Sunday, April 08, 2007

Easter Day



April 8, 2007

This morning I went for a run before church and as I left the house I noticed that the hill with the crosses was obscured by clouds and yet a small hill in front of it was bathed in sunshine. I thought it was fitting that the crosses were out of sight because today is Easter, the celebration of Christ's resurrection. He is not on the cross anymore; He is alive! I did miss singing some of the traditional Easter hymns this morning. The service was good but not what I am used to for the Easter Day celebration. After church I headed home for a little bit before going over to my friends' house (Matthew and Jennifer) for lunch. It seemed like an Easter dinner because I was definitely stuffed afterwards. After dinner we went to a nearby park and the guys hid white (unpainted) Easter eggs for the 2 boys. It is encouraging that Easter has not become such a commercialized holiday here and you cannot actually buy Easter egg dye, Easter candy, or bunnies. Later in the afternoon I taught my friends Settler's of Catan and we played 2 games. I should do a little studying yet this evening but we will see. After a week of vacation from classes it is hard to think of going to school again tomorrow but I need to get ready to finish out the next two weeks.

No comments: