Sunday, October 07, 2012

Lessons from God

October 7, 2012

God’s Lessons
This past week was a challenging one on many fronts and yet there were also lots of joys. I found out on Monday that two of my Honduran friends were in Annapolis Maryland and I wondered how I would ever be able to see them in the next two busy weeks. Because I had to change my schedule at work, I was able to get Thursday afternoon and Friday morning off which made enough time to run over to Annapolis, pick them up, and bring them back to Lancaster. What fun it was to share with them a bit of my hometown and the sights here as well as catch up on their lives!

My challenges varied from day to day but the overarching theme was the hurt and pain in people’s lives and their reactions to that. So many situations came up during the week that I wanted to fix and solve. By Friday as I was driving to work after leaving my Honduran friends at a restaurant, I was pouring my heart of frustration out to God. I could not fix the troubles before or around me. And so I was reminded that I must let go of trying to fix things and instead entrust the people and situations to God. Sometimes God will call me to action and sometimes He will call me to prayer (actually always to prayer even with action) and to waiting patiently.

No comments: