Sunday, September 04, 2011

From Clouds to Answers

September 3, 2011

At long last I settle in to play catch up with blog entries. Yesterday morning I was returning home around 7:45am and I happened to notice the clouds swirling overhead. It was a mesmerizing sight because the clouds seemed to be like waves in the ocean, rolling and merging into one. I felt like I could have stared at them and gotten lost in them forever, but that would have made driving hard so I did not. Yesterday’s view as well as various sunrises and sunsets have reminded me again and again of God’s awesome power and majesty. I am very glad to serve Him.

This week I have also experienced several answers to prayer from the work of His hand. At Mom’s House I have been wrestling with the issue of capacity based on the number of staff that we have. There is a demand for more spaces for children in many of our rooms but because of our staffing, we cannot take on any more moms and children. Earlier in the week I received a call from a college student who has volunteer hours to do for her Social Services major and she wondered about helping at Mom’s House. Yesterday I interviewed her and was delighted to see that she looks like a very good fit for us and us for her. The other answer to prayer is not a definite answer yet but regardless of the outcome it has reminded me of God’s power to make a way where I least expect it. I recently began the search for an apartment again because it is about time to move so that I can be available for foster care later this year. Monday and Tuesday I looked at 3 apartments, all of which had potential, but at least one or two drawbacks. I would like to live in the city so that I have the option of walking to work, especially on the snowy days, but at the same time I do not necessarily want to deal with the street parking. The one place I looked at was in Millersville which had the benefit of being just down the street from my sister and her family and my garden. As I shared with one friend about the pros and cons of the apartments she told me that she feels like the right place will come up without all of the issues. Later that same evening I received a call from my sister saying that one of their apartments was unexpectedly opening up if I would be interested. So on Thursday evening I went and looked at the apartment and it seems almost perfect. In the city, off-street parking, two good sized bedrooms, a nice layout, and good landlords. The couple living there is not positive that they are moving because it depends on whether their offer on a house is accepted, but it is very likely. If they do not, I will have to check to see if the other apartments are still available. But if they are not, I have complete confidence that God will open the right door.

No comments: