Friday, June 10, 2011

I Stand Corrected

June 10, 2011

I thought that I should correct a statement I made in the previous blog. I said that there are no current volunteers at Mom's House and that is not true. I have not met many but there are apparently a few that come fairly regularly. Today I was surprised to learn that two volunteers were at Mom's House looking for a job to do. Since there were only 2 children in, there was not a big lunch to prepare but thankfully the volunteers were willing to clean. I quickly realized that I need to familiarize myself with all of the jobs around Mom's House so that when someone shows up unexpectedly, I know what to tell them to do and where the needed supplies are. This morning was a juggling act because I was also helping one of the moms figure out her new cleaning job and trying to get some things done in the office. I have fifteen hours of training videos to watch too so I probably should start on them soon.

This evening I attended an International Fundraising meal for a friend who will be heading to the Czech Republic later this year. The wide array of ethnic foods was great but also the fellowship. I realized how important networking is as I shared with some others what I am doing. One girl works as a Prison Chaplin and so she daily encounters women who may need help moving ahead and even getting back to school. We live in a small world but a world that can be made even smaller as we work together with others to share the love of Christ and proclaim His as Lord.

No comments: