Thursday, February 04, 2010

Adjusting

February 4, 2010

It is not even 9:00PM and I am quite exhausted. Today was the first day of hot weather (and it was still nothing compared to what it will be like in a month or so) and I think it wiped me out. I did not have a particularly hard or draining day, so I think the tiredness must be do the weather. And perhaps due in part to the effort it takes to adjust to a new place, new people, immersion in Spanish once again,and a new schedule (which varies from day to day).

For the moment I will simply give a brief overview of the week which is still far from over because Saturday is day when the families visit the children's home and I will participate in the events of the day. During the past couple of days I have had opportunity to hear the stories of various staff from La Casa de Mi Padre and get to know them a bit. As of this evening I have also met all of the children though I am a long way from remembering the name with the face. This evening in a group session with the older teenage girls I caught a glimpse of the work that this ministry has been doing over the past few years. One of the girls shared an experience she had had that day which was sharing Christ with a classmate and bringing to her various verses and ideas to help her in her present state. As she shared her story, I could tell that the experience had been a huge step for her because of her own fear. But she had stepped out and shared the very things that she has been learning these past few years. All of the other girls seemed to be excited for her step. I was encouraged and I look forward to seeing and being a part of the many other ways that God is at work in the children here at La Casa de Mi Padre.

No comments: