Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Rambling

February 27, 2007

It has been ages since I have written and even now as I sit down to write, I am thinking of many other things that I need to be doing. The past few weeks have been really busy with projects . Last week I presented information about Honduras and my future work there to my class. This week I led the class in a debate on TV and whether we can and maybe should live without it. I did not change anyone's mind but hopefully I reminded people that it is not essential to life and does not have to be accepted as an automatic member of a household. I also presented information to the camp facilitators to help them to understand the purpose of debriefing activities and how to do so. It went fairly well but was definitely a challenge to do in Spanish.

Yesterday I awoke at 4:45 to the house moving and a loud noise. It was an earthquake -- my second "big" one since I have been here. I pondered getting up but since there were no tremors I stayed put. Unfortunately once I was awake I could not get back to sleep but that is not unusual.

I am finally continuing and finishing this blog entry, though it is over a week later. I am feeling more inspirecd to write today. I awoke this morning to what reminded me of spring -- the sounds of birds chirping outside the window in the wee hours of the morning. The sounds revived yet again the desire I have been having of late to go out to the woods for several days with my backpack and tent. Unfortunately I do not think it will happen anytime soon but I keep remembering all of my fun trips back in the woods up north. At the same time I am very thankful for the hiking opportunities that I have had here and the new ecosystems that I am exploring.

Tomorrow morning I head to the beach -- not exactly the Northern woods. As many of you know the beach is not my favorite place in the world, but a trip there every once in a while is good for me. The Lord often has things to teach me as I sit beside the mighty waters. At the moment I am in the middle of trying to plan a trip out of the country because my Visa expires before I am due to leave Costa Rica the first of May. I think that I will head to a remote area of Panama where there is a volcano and a huge International Park. Perhaps there I will have the chance to camp and enjoy the fresh air of the woods. Well, I have to head to class in just a few minutes so those are all of my ramblings for the moment.

No comments: