Thursday, October 12, 2006

Cows at the camp

(From a September weekend)


The humorous story of the weekend -- well, the cows tend to wander wherever they want around the camp and on Sat. morning I went out the back gate to go down to the creek for some time with God. The grass and ground were very wet so I tried to step on rocks in an effort to keep my non-waterproof shoes dry. Well, it just so happened that the one "rock" I stepped on was not a "rock". It was a very fresh cow patty. I was utterly disgusted but was able to wipe my shoe off pretty well since the grass was so wet. I continued on and neared the creek. Once again I used rocks to avoid the mud and water, and yes, once again I misinterpreted what a rock was, this time with the other shoe. I could not believe it. I decided that I was going to cry if I stepped on one more cow patty. I had had better luck in the dark. I decided that their had to be an analogy in this mess. I was reminded (b/c it is a theme in my life right now) that I have to keep my eyes on Jesus to make sure that I am stepping in ways that are solid. Last week my eyes seemed to be on myself and my circumstances and so the week did not go so well. Fortunately the weekend improved after the cow patty incidence.

No comments: